Tomorrow, August 1st, will be the official launch of our “August Special”. If you’re looking for a snow guard system for standing seam metal roofing, take a look at our clamp-to-seam line of snow guards, and receive an ADDITIONAL 10% OFF when you place your order by August 31st.
Of all the residential metal roofing options that are available today, metal standing seam is the most frequently used – and it’s no wonder. A metal standing seam roof can increase the resale value of your home by up to 6% when compared with a roof covered in asphalt shingles.
And that’s not the only thing….If you ever decide to sell your home, you’ll recoup 80% – 90% of the costs you put into a new standing seam roof. With almost no required maintenance and warranties that can stretch out to 5 decades, it’s clear to see why homeowners are choosing metal standing seam as their roofing choice more now than ever before. Not to mention, metal roofing is also recyclable. Win/Win/Win!
Metal standing seam roofing is unique not only in appearance, but also in the fact that attaching anything to it is a bit tricky because you don’t want to void the roofing manufacturer’s warranty by penetrating the roofing material. That’s why we pair oval-point set screws with our clamp-to-seam options.
When you’re looking at clamp-to-seam snow management systems, we have you covered. Alpine SnowGuards’ snow management systems for metal standing seam roofs employ precision-engineered clamp-to-seam technology.
What does that mean? It means we’ve done our homework so you don’t have to.
Our discount-able clamp-to-seam lineup includes the following:
These are all made right here in Morrisville, Vermont USA, and can help a building qualify for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) credits through the U.S. Green Buildings Council (USGBC®).
Important points to remember when choosing and installing clamps:
- Choose clamps that utilize oval-point set screws that won’t penetrate the roofing material
- Choose clamps that won’t void the roofing manufacturer’s warranty
- Choose clamps that don’t utilize adhesive, so there’s no worry about the effects from changes in temperature
- Before you install your clamps, be sure to check that the roofing panels are securely fastened to the roof, in order to absorb the load that will be transferred by adding clamps
- Once the seam material compresses, make sure to tighten and then re-tighten the set screws
- When installing clamps designed specifically for pipe-style snow management systems, be sure to leave a break in the pipe every 100’ to allow for thermal expansion and contraction
Have questions? Go ahead and ask us – that’s what we’re here for!
We keep snow in its place
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and keep up on the latest industry and Alpine news, products, and upcoming events!
Alpine SnowGuards® designs, engineers, and manufactures snow management systems from our facilities in Morrisville, VT. We work closely with leading roofing contractors, engineering firms, developers, and roofing manufacturers to ensure we deliver quality products that do what we say they’ll do.